PGDM Full Form : Today most of the students want to make their career in the field of management, for this most of the students study MBA after 12th class or after completing their graduation. But do you know that apart from MBA, you can also do a course for studying management which is called PGDM course. Many of you students may also be studying PGDM. But many students wonder what is the full form of PGDM? There will be no information about this. Friends, today we are going to give you complete information about PGDM course like what is PGDM? What is the full form of PGDM? Etcetera. So let’s know about PGDM Full Form?
PGDM Full Form
The full form of PGDM is “Post Graduation Diploma in Management”.
- P – Post
- G – Graduate
- D – Diploma
- M – Management
What is PGDM Course
PGDM is a post graduation diploma course. This course is of 2 years duration and has 4 semesters. In PGDM course, you are taught about marketing and accounting. Let us tell you that PGDM course is a course recognized by AICTE. After doing PGDM course, you can make your career in the field of management.
Types of PGDM
- Full Time PGDM
- Distance PGDM
- Online PGDM
1. Full Time PGDM
For full time PGDM course, you have to attend college more daily. You have to pay more fees for doing full time PGDM course.
2. Distance PGDM
If you want to do PGDM course along with job then you can do distance PGDM. Let us tell you that for admission in Distance PGDM, you have to pass the entrance exam. For doing distance PGDM, your fees will be up to Rs 30 thousand.
3. Online PGDM
You can do online PGDM sitting at home. It may cost you up to Rs 15,000 to do online PGDM.
- To do PGDM course, the student must have passed 12th class.
- To take admission in PGDM course, it is necessary for the student to have graduation with 50% marks.
- For admission in IIM Institute, it is necessary for the student to have graduation with 60% marks.
PGDM Course Duration
PGDM course is of 2 years. In PGDM course you have to appear for four semester examinations.
PGDM Course Fees
If you do PGDM course from a government college then your fees can be up to Rs 2 lakh and if you do PGDM course from a private college then your fees can be up to Rs 1 lakh.
Semester – I
- Financial Reporting & Analysis
- Marketing Management
- Organizational Behaviour-I
- Organizational Behaviour-II
- Financial Management
- Business Environment & Policy
- Human Resource Management
- Consumer Behaviour
Semester – II
- Legal Aspects of Business
- Strategic Management
- Operations Management
- Supply Chain Finance
- Quantitative Techniques and Optimisation
- Strategic Marketing
- Management of IT & Data Visualization
- Statistics for Business Decision Making
- Research Applications in Business
Semester – III
- Digital Business Transformation
- Management of Change Innovation and Technology
- Information Systems
- Sales & Distribution Management
- Customer Relationship Management
- Product & Brand Management
- Financial Modelling and Analytics
- Investment Management
- Derivatives & Risk Management
Semester – IV
- Corporate Governance and Corporate Social Responsibility
- Insurance Management
- Corporate Restructuring
- Fixed Income Securities
- Financial Planning & Wealth Management
- Strategic Cost Management
- Tax Planning and Management
- Performance Management & Competency Mapping
- Global Human Resource Management
- Operations Strategy
- Procurement Management
- Lean Six Sigma
- Summer Internship Project
Best PGDM Colleges in India
- NMIMS University
- NDIM Delhi
- Welingkar Institute of Management Development and Research
- Doon Business School
- PSG Institute of Management
- Management Development Institute
- ITM Business School
- Vaikunth Mehta National Institute of Cooperative Management
- Assam Institute of Management
- Ch Charan Singh NIAM
- Indian Institute of Plantation Management
- AIMA Centre for Management Education
After doing PGDM course, your salary may vary for all profiles. If we talk about starting salary then your salary can be between Rs 15000 to Rs 22000.
So now you must have understood about PGDM Full Form. If you do PGDM course then you can make your career in the field of management. If you liked our article then please share it on your social media.